[Zope] w3m and the management interface

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 23:19:05 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 19 Mar 2000, Michel Pelletier wrote:
> This is w3m's fault, it does not send the Authentication header to
> frames in a frameset, just to the frameset.  Zope calculates

I knew it was all w3m's fault, since it all works in other browsers <grin>.

Thanks for letting me know what the likely problems are.  Whether or
not I'll have time to do anything with the information remains to be
seen.  I wonder, though...I'm starting from the manage_main URL,
not the manage URL, so the page I'm starting from doesn't have
a frameset as far as I can see.  Descending into a folder works,
but descending into, say, a DTML_method gets me the view.  Well,
I'll have to just ignore the whole thing for now.  w3m is a nice
browser, I hope they get these bugs worked out soon.

I do still find w3m useful, though.  Since it's U command to go
to a new URL does accept relative specifications, it's pretty
easy to use that to descend into the 'manage_main' view of
the items I'm interested in.

--RDM