[Zope] Next try at user auth and role creation

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 11:03:15 -0800

Oliver Andrich wrote:

> Hi,
>
> sofar I solved the creation process of user accounts. This was quite easy
> after I read the code for this. But now I have problems adding new roles via a
> specialized interface. I setup tghe REQUEST object correctly, then I call
> manage_defined_roles and I get various errors.

What kind of errors?

> Is their any method at all to
> create Roles besides the management interface of Zope or via External Methods?

You should be able to call a method that adds roles just like the
managment interface does.  Have you checked out
lib/python/AccessControl/access.dtml?  At the bottom is a second form
that lets you add roles.

-Michel