[Zope] Modifying Standard Error Pages

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 16:10:19 +0100

On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 03:04:59PM +0000, Chris Withers wrote:

> >   http://www.zope.org/standard_error_message/view_source
> >
> > and you'll see how the Zope.org site handles 404 Not Found.
> >

> Martijn,
>
> I think the problem is that any changes made to standard_error_message don't appear to have any
> effect. I've tried just simply changing the text, add ' - wibble' after 'Zope Error' and the old
> error message is still displayed, even after restarting Zope...
>
> What's going on?
>
> Is there some method such like with SiteAccess that you have to 'set' a DTML method as the standard
> error message or is something else causing the old error message to be displayed?

I have no idea. I don't use SiteAccess, so I don't know what influence it has
on this issue. I can change standard_error_message just fine here. Try and
understand what the default code does first, then try and make a few
educated-guess changes to that code.

Does anything show up in the undo log? After a change, does the edit window
have a message 'Content changed [Date]' just below the tabs?

--
Martijn Pieters