[Zope] Server Sizing

J. Atwood Jatwood@bwanazulia.com
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 18:33:45 -0500

Oh boy... 10 Grand?

IBM Netfinity 5500 M20

- Dual 700 MHz
- 5 x 9.1 GB RAID 5
- 2 GB RAM
- Dual NIC Cards
- RH 6.1

Should be about 10 Grand. That thing is ROCK SOLID. It could eat 100
Concurrent users without a napkin. Can handle up to 4 GB RAM, 120+ GB of
Drive and 4 Processors. Almost everything is hot swappable (power, fan, PCI)
only time you would have to bring it down would be to so you could take it
home.

The other way to go would be to get 2 x Netfinity 5000 (Dual 700 MHz, 1 GB
RAM, 3 x 9.1 GB RAID 5). Load balance them and you are golden.

Enjoy...

JMA