[Zope] Upload files in Zope and store elsewhere

Juan Carlos Coruņa jcoruna@umd.es
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 15:47:48 +0100

Excellent, just what I was looking for.

I have a few more questions before I try it out:

1. What is the type of the Foto column in MySQL?
   Is it BLOB, TEXT or something else like VARCHAR BINARY?

It's BLOB

2. What size are the files you are storing?
   Small    (< 1MB)
   Medium   (1-5MB)
   or Large (> 5MB)

< 1MB

and this to anyone who wants to answer: ;-)

3.
   > Note that I replace the octal char 010 by the string "\\010".
   > If you donīt escaape this char MySQL change it for the char 008. I
don't
   > know why.

   Anyone know why? This is a little disturbing...

cheers,

Chris