[Zope] Q: <dtml-in sort=twofields>

Ken Kinder kkinder@messagemedia.com
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 11:46:04 -0700

It sounds like this is probably coming from an SQL database? If it is
modify the query you're using to sort on the DBML-side. If your
query looked like:

	select * from books

You would modify it. Having mutliple levels of order by varies from
DBMS to DBMS, but it'll look something like this:

	select * from books order by book_name, id

Or something to that effect.

Sorting using the DBMS is more desirable as well because the DBMS
is likely to sort it more quickly, with all its indicies and so
forth.

If you tell me which DBMS you're using, I probably know exactly
what you should do to your query.