[Zope] zope_msg.log Message

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 00:45:48 -0700

mindlace wrote:

> Bill Anderson wrote:
> >
> > It may also be due to people using the ZopeMonitor on Unix, which
> > restarts Zope if it dies.
>
> What is this? Is this something I can download?
>
> ethan fremen

Even better, it is a part of Zope! :)
From z2.py:

  -Z path
    Unix only! This option is ignored on windows.
    If this option is specified, a separate managemnt process will
    be created that restarts Zope after a shutdown (or crash).
    The path must point to a pid file that the process will record its
    process id in. The path may be relative, in which case it will be
    relative to the Zope location.
    To prevent use of a separate management process, provide an
    empty string: -Z ''

Basically, add the option, along with the requisite options, and there
you go.

--
In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are
usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.