[Zope] records form variable type

John Williams J.A.R.Williams@aston.ac.uk
23 Mar 2000 16:29:41 +0000

I have been using the records form variable type, but believe there
may be a problem with it. With most browsers all appears OK, however some
browsers (e.g. Mozilla) may return form elements out of order. What
this means is that when trying to use the records type their is no
guarantee that the different elements of a single record will be sent
consecutively and therefore the records objects will not be correctly
constructed by Zope.

I would like to know if this is the fault of browser or if this is an
issue which excludes the general use of the records type. If the
latter what alternatives would be recommended - I would prefer not to
have to create unique form element names as it would add a fair amount
of complication.

What guarantees can be safely assumed about data arriving from a form
- for example if you try using the list type is the order in which the
components of the list guaranteed to be the same as the order in which
the respective form elements occur in the document?

--
Dr. John A.R. Williams