[Zope] Zope 2.1.6 test - login problem.

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 06:07:55 -0800

Eddie Maddox wrote:

> I downloaded Zope-2.1.6-linux2-x86.tgz. I unpacked it in /usr/local/bin,
> then ./install, then ./start. Please see below and advise.
>
> I tried logging in several times. I even used python zpasswd.py access and
> picked a real simple password and cleartext. No joy.

Authentication is not your problem, the user your Zope is running as
does not have permission to read it's own files.  Keep in mind that if
you run Zope as root, Zope will automatically demote itself to the user
'nobody', this is a standard practice of many servers as running a
server as root can be a security hazard.  If you want to run Zope this
way, then make sure that 'nobody' can at least read everything, and can
write to the /var directory.

Otherwise, run Zope as a user that can read its files.

-Michel