[Zope] Printing system in Zope

Jason Spisak 444@hiretechs.com
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 16:39:42 -0500

Felipe,

i had the ned for this too at the start of my current project.  I
actually have the fortune of having a smart printer.  If I shoot a pdf
via lpr, it just prints it.  It's an HP 4050.

lpr -P HP4050_raw myfile.pdf works fine.  So I was just writing an
external method to slap that document to my printer.  But I stopped
thinking  about this because we decided online delivery of all documents
was okay and other things took priority.

If you wanted to print more than just plain text, I guess the mime type
would have to have a "printer" application sort of, or filter just like
they have "viewers".

--
Jason Spisak
444@hiretechs.com