[Zope] Printing from Zope

sathya linuxcraft@redspice.com
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 12:48:12 -0600

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, you wrote:
> "Felipe E. Barousse Boue" wrote:
>

> > I need to print from Zope with a specific printing format (like
> > invoices, receipts, etc).  This will be done on always the same Intranet
> > and printing will be controlled from the Linux spooling system.

you can write the zope output to a file and
print it  using an external method
not the cleanest way but works :
If you can name your printable docs with .prt
modify the  DTMLDocument.py  __call__ method
r=apply(HTML.__call__, (self, (client, bself), REQUEST), kw)
----snip snip --------
pos = find(self.__name__, ".prt")
if pos >= 0:
 PrintJob(r)
--snip snip----------
Where PrintJOb is a python method that will write to a file and lpr it. If you
want the html  printed after rendering then using the pdf generator is a better.
Another idea that I have tried :
inherit from DTMLDocument and create a new object type that will send itself to
the printer at the end of processing
 embed latex with dtml  and send the results to the printer using pdflatex.
There are some cool tex macros called context written by hans hagen that
  can be used to create rich documents
sathya
--
necessity is the