[Zope] Including a bunch of binary files in Zope

mindlace mindlace@imeme.net
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 10:14:34 +0000

Jason Wong wrote:
> I've got a load of files (PDFs, TIFs) that needs to be accessible from
> within a Zope application. I need to be able to link to them so people can
> download them. What is the best way to go about it?

<dtml-in imagefolder>
</dtml-in>

> If I add them into Zope (ie [Add new item]>[File]>[Browse]... etc is there
> an easier way of doing it? I've got hundreds of files to add and I don't
> want to do it using the HTML interface.

ftp my.zope.site/imagefolder 8023
put *

(i.e., use zope's ftp feature.)

> If I have the files in directory outside of Zope how do I reference them?

I've never used it, but the LocalFS product should do the trick.

Ethan Fremen
--
http://mindlace.net __________________ mindlace@imeme.net
I don't want The Truth but I wouldn't mind a Big Analogy.