[Zope] Including a bunch of binary files in Zope

Jason Wong jwong@digitalview.com.hk
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 14:24:37 +0800

Graham

please correct me if I'm mistaken - having read the How-To it seems that it
only allows you to get at the *contents* of the files. All I need is a
pointer, a reference, to the file so someone can download it.

Anyway I tried it with the following:

<dtml-var standard_html_header>
<h2><dtml-var title_or_id></h2>
<dtml-var standard_html_footer>

When I view this in the browser I get a 'Save to file' dialog, I duly saved
the file (it was an HTML file) and on viewing the saved file I can see that
it does indeed
contain the contents of brochure.pdf(!), which is not what I want.

To re-phrase my original question - how do I construct a URL in Zope such
that it can refer to a file on the local filesystem?

thanks
-
Jason Wong

http://www.zope.org/Members/jfarr/HowTo/DTML_with_LocalFS