[Zope] Problems using DateTime in dtml and python. Help...

dtroy@ne.mediaone.net dtroy@ne.mediaone.net
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 01:47:36 -0500

I have been building an interface for call reports from a MySQL database
on linux slackware 7 using
recent source distributions of Zope ,MySql and python. Besides a messy
bout with the ZMySQLDA
source, which is now not an issue,  I've  done OK. The problems:

1:

  I can call the DateTime() function from dtml like this-
    <dtml-var "_.DateTime(a_later_time) - _.DateTime(an_earlier_time)">
and I get what I need - a duration of time- but in days.  Is there a
method to change this to
minutes and seconds or do I just do my own math ... result * 24 * 60
etc... Whenever I try to
use the  DateTime  objects, eg fmt=DayOfWeek etc, I get invalid
attribute errors.

2:

I would rather do this work in an External Method, but when I try to use
DateTime() in a method
I get a Name Error when I try to update the Eternal Method in Zope.

So I went  to the python command line.
>>> from DateTime import *
Traceback (innermost last):
 File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError:No module named DateTime

Obviously, I have some work to do, but what ? Recompile Python or Zope ?

How do I get DateTime to be recognized as a module?
I noted that the contents of  the Setup file in
/Zope/lib/python/DateTime are commented out-
 # install DateTime.py
 # install DateTimeZone.py
I uncommented them for kicks and reinstalled Zope with the same results.

It seems to me I'm missing something OBVIOUS.
And help greatly appreciated...
David Troy