[Zope] Zope hosting

Luke Tymowski ltymowski@attglobal.net
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 06:01:14 -0500

Hello,

> Really? What would you put on the Macs? Linux, OS X or MacOS?

Zope won't run on MacOS. It would have to be either Linux or OSX or BSD.

> What makes the Celeron superior to the Cobalt-setup in your opinion?
> I thought the Cobalts where rahter high-speed (full) pentiums and
> that the Celeron is not well suited for server use??

It runs Python faster than a PIII of the same speed. I'm assuming that's
because the cache, while half the size of a standard PIII, runs at full CPU
speed. That it supports only a 66MHz bus and memory may cause it to not
perform as well under load. I don't know. I  don't have the resources to
test that sort of thing properly.

There's more to a building a server than its Pystone rating, but it's a
start when you start looking at putting together a box.

Luke