[Zope] Re[2]: [Zope] full textsearch on own products !!

Geir B Hansen Geir B Hansen <geirh@funcom.com>
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 15:39:56 +0200

on Thursday, March 30, 2000 Anders Holmbech Nielsen wrote :
AHN> Thanks for your answer but it doesn't seem to work.

AHN> I have tried to made a method called both raw and
AHN> PrincipiaSearchSource, reindexed the catalog and placed the method in
AHN> both the product dir and the product/product_entry/method dir. But it
AHN> doesn't work. Do you or anyone have an idea to what I have missed.
AHN> The method I have used is:

AHN> return string.join((self.overskrift, self.indhold, self.forfattere), ';')

Does the method return the full text if you call it
directly?

like:

http://your.zopeserver.dk/yourZclass_instance/PrincipiaSearchSource

you should get the raw contents of the instance..

If you don't , somethings wrong with the method or its
placement..
i think product/product_entry/methods is the right place..

If you get the raw text returned, the fault is with your
Zcatalog.. Have you updated it after adding the pythonmethod
??
- Checking the status-view of your zcatalog can often help to see
if it has updated correctly..

--
Geir Bækholt Hansen
web-developer/designer