[Zope] ZSQL arguments

Stephen Harrison stephen@nipltd.com
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 14:44:22 +0100

Hi,

ZSQL methods can have two types of string argument, string and
required, where required is a non-empty string and a string is (one
assumes) a potentially empty string.

Although does not say in the ZSQL users guide, it would be nice if
strings were also not required to exist as arguments, which to my
mind is the logical progression of allowing an empty string.

The reason I want to do this is that I am writing sql methods which
build queries based on the existence of certain arguments.
Obviously I can code the logic to test for empty strings, but it
would be neater and simpler to be able to simply have

<dtml-if myarg>

The other reason this would be a neater solution is that it would
avoid the need to set up lots of empty arguments in the dtml which
calls the sql method.

Comments?

Cheers,
Stephen