[Zope] Zope and memory usage

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 15:09:05 -0600

Tony McDonald <tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk>

> I just ./stop and ./start'ed two Zope servers that were taking up
> rather a lot of memory;
>
>    PID USERNAME THR PRI NICE  SIZE   RES STATE   TIME    CPU COMMAND
>    841 nnle      12  33    0  395M  318M sleep 177:24  0.00% python
>    834 nnle       9  23    0  531M   14M sleep 101:20  0.00% python
>
> Is there any way of telling what objects are taking up this memory -
> could it be a memory leak in Zope at all? I'm using src-2.1.3 on
> Solaris because I still use the /REQUEST hint to see what my
> variables are.

Replying only to the last sentence:  Add a DTMLMethod in the root of your Zope
(call it maybe "debug_request"), with the following body:

  <dtml-var standard_html_header>
  <dtml-var REQUEST>
  <dtml-var standard_html_footer>

This works fine on 2.1.4+ -- they only suppress the "direct traversal" of
REQUEST.

Tres.
Tres Seaver  tseaver@digicool.com   tseaver@palladion.com