[Zope] External Method 3

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 10:43:22 +0200

Tom Deprez wrote:

> >>Unfortunately it seems not to work.
> >
> >Hm, I tested it. It works for me. Can you tell me where it doesn't work and
> >in what way? Does it fail. Is there a traceback? Remember it will still bail
> >out (with an AttributeError) if the object has no attribute title!
>
> Well, the external method is defined in a ZClass and a catalog uses it to
> index the result. When I use the hasattr() I receive nothing (not even an
> empty list). If I use the split() method, then I receive a list with all
> the names.

Yes, that's because the split does something else.
Don't know if you want to pursue this further, but if so, let's try and
track it down

How do you call it from dtml?
Have you tried it from outside the ZClass (in a test situation)?

> I'm not sure how I can find a trace-back from such an external method (if
> even possible)

If there is a traceback, it will show in the same way as normally, I
believe.

Rik