[Zope] ZOPE and Slackware

jiva@devware.com jiva@devware.com
Mon, 1 May 2000 09:45:41 -0700

This is SLIGHTLY off-topic, but I'm trying to get Zope installed on
Slackware Linux 4.0  In order to do this, I need to compile python
1.5.2 and get it running on there.  I've done this, and I start up
zope and it croaks on the time.daylight attribute.  (it doesn't exist)
Here's the stack dump:

  File "/usr/local/Zope-2.1.6-src/ZServer/medusa/http_server.py", line
  746, in ?    tz_for_log = compute_timezone_for_log()
  File "/usr/local/Zope-2.1.6-src/ZServer/medusa/http_server.py", line
  729, in compute_timezone_for_log
    if time.daylight:
AttributeError: daylight

And checking this just using python, I get:

>>> import time
>>> time.daylight
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
AttributeError: daylight

This does NOT occur under RedHat (which I am more familiar with, but I
have to use slackware in this case).  Can anyone tell me what
parameters I have to compile python with to get the time.daylight
module to work?

Jiva
--
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
		-- W.E. Hickson