[Zope] Cascading Style Sheets and Zope

Jeff Peterson jpeterso@the-bridge.net
Mon, 1 May 2000 16:32:59 -0500

The method defined in the How-To
http://www.zope.org/Members/mindlace/css_zope works very well.  The
exception seems to be that there are some things CSS wise that Netscape just
wants as "inline".  If there is a way around that in Zope, I have not found
it.  If you find you are having trouble with some part of a linked in
Stylesheet, try using <span style="..."></span> around the offending code
and try to find a way to Zope that.

There is no need at all though to resort to deprecated tags like <font>,
<b>, or <i> these can all be done with style.

Additionally, you will need to consult some sort of guide that will explain
CSS/browser compatibility.  Some CSS just isn't supported, period.

Jeff Peterson
Software Engineer
The Bridge/Befera Interactive Cablenet

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of Eric
L. Walstad
Sent: Sunday, April 30, 2000 3:54 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Cascading Style Sheets and Zope

Hello All,

In my experimenting with my first Zope website, I'm finding that I am
spending a lot of time getting the different portions of the site to look
the same.  I've set up a few DTML methods like <dtml-var font_14pt> and
<dtml-var table_format> that I use, but I bet there's a better way.

I don't know anything about CSS, other than the concept, and am wondering if
something like a DTML method that holds all the style sheet info is a good
idea.  That way, each page could simply reference that style sheet method.
If the look of the site needed to be changed, the change would only have to
happen in one location.

I'm interested in hearing what others are doing to achieve this same goal.
Should I go down the CSS road or is there a better way?

TIA, Eric.