[Zope] RelationalStorage (was LocalFS)

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin@texoma.net
Wed, 3 May 2000 21:40:44 -0500

I like the fact that you'll be maintaining transparency of usage.

The advantage that IB brings is a quality open source db that is available
on a large variety of platforms. Example: at work I am constrained to use
Win95, at home on my development machine I will use Linux. IB is there on
both.

IB is also distributable with the same freedom as Zope. Neither Oracle nor
MySQL are. It would be nice if one of the options was as available and as
free(dom) as Zope.

I know there are advocates of both of the other db's and that like MS one
could probably say 'no ones been fired for buying/recommending Oracle'.

Jimmie Houchin