[Zope] Benchmarks vs Jakarta.

Otto Hammersmith otto@ipass.net
Thu, 04 May 2000 00:37:56 -0400

Hello all,

So, I was reading
http://www.zope.org/Members/BwanaZulia/zope_benchmarks/benchmarks.html
and came up with a few questions.  Since the page says to post comments
to the zope-list, here I am.  (Please cc me on replies, since I get the
digest and won't see them for a while and may miss them.)

So, my first question is what version of 1.2.2 was used.  Second, was
there a JIT involved?  If so, which one.

What webserver was used in either case?

Anyone want to try it on the new 1.3 IBM just dropped a pre-release of?
:)

One thing that I think may be causing problems for Jakarta is the inital
load of the JSP.  Zope has a huge advantage in that it cahces most
objects in memory and the JSP will have to hit the disk on it's first
run.  Not to mention that it'll compile it into the Java class the first
go 'round.  I'd be interested in seeing more complex JSPs and servlets
and more requests to even out the startup time.

Just some thoughts...

--
				-Otto.