[Zope] Zope on ISP

Dave dave@infinite.force9.co.uk
Thu, 4 May 2000 19:16:47 +0100

I have Zope set up running under NT alongside IIS and AOLserver3.  Works
fine as I have complete control and admin rights.

I would like to set up Zope on my ISP.   I have access to the cgi-bin
directory, can run python (and TCL).  So how do you setup Zope?

The ISP is using Redhat Linux 6.1 and an Apache web server.

Tried using the source and compiling - no joy error about compiling rights.
Tried using a precompiled version for Linux.  The install seemed to work.
Got a password setup and tried to run Z2.py without Zserver.  Although no
errors were returned nothing seemed to happen.

I read the How-to on ISP/ZOPE and it assumes you can compile.  Also read
another how-to that refers to the ability to run under a user account. It
then refers to the install.txt which didn't make much sense in the
circumstance I was trying to operate.

btw knowledge of Linux - not a lot.

So how do you do it?

Regards,