[Zope] comparision between zope and other technologies

brian smith bsmith@mail.webnetint.com
Fri, 5 May 2000 14:42:04 -0500

A very compelling solution, although not as well publicized, that we are considering is the ArsDigita Community System, which is an open source product build in tcl that sits on a foundation of AOLServer and Oracle. They (arsdigita.com) have recently released a version for Apache, and they are working on a pure Java version that will only require a Unix os and Oracle.  Also, I think there is a version for PostgreSQL (sp?).  This company has grown from a couple of folks to many in offices around the world, and this is their toolkit they use for quire a few high-profile customers, including AOL themselves.

Just one more to consider.
Brian