[Zope] comparision between zope and other technologies

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Sat, 6 May 2000 12:17:35 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jimmie Houchin" <jhouchin@texoma.net>
To: <bsmith@mail.webnetint.com>
Cc: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 06, 2000 11:30 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope] comparision between zope and other technologies

> Zope offers a lot more options in many areas. It is much easier to
> integrate legacy systems into Zope. Zope allows you to choose which
> database you store your data. Zope uses Python which many of us prefer
> over Tcl.

[lots of snippage above]

For those who missed the mention the other day, I also wrote up a comparison
of ACS and Zope and you can check it out here:
http://www.zope.org/Members/tazzzzz/ACSandZope

I agree with what Jimmie says in his note... I think Zope is a better
platform to build on. I do believe that it is worth mention, though, that
ACS has a number of pre-built components that are much more sophisticated
than what we have in Zopeland today. These include ecommerce, email,
personalization, and ad management.

Kevin