[Zope] IE Auth failures, NS works fine

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Mon, 8 May 2000 10:56:06 +0100

At 10:40 pm -0400 7/5/00, JB wrote:
>Thanks you for writing. I have been thinking that I am losing my mind. I
>have the same trouble with IE5. IE3 and IE4 work fine. No one has
>replied to this thread and I have made no further progress. It is very
>annoying. Let's compare our setup and see if we can figure this out
>together? I'm running Redhat 6.1 with Apache serving Zope. Auth is via
>GUF. I was thinking it may be something the do with the Auth Realm or
>something. I really don't even know where to start because people think
>I am trying to start a flame war when I say that IE5 seems to be the
>problem. I've already started porting to Enhydra because no one can help
>me. Please, write me and let me know if you find anything out.

Ok then...
Caveats: I'm a Mac user with experience of Zope under Solaris and
LinuxPPC, ie MSoft experience ~= nil.

IE 5.0 for the Mac is my preferred browser for Zope management and
usage of Zope authenticated sites. I've had no real problems with it.
I've had no reports of people having problems with IE 5 under Windows
either.

Setup is Zope 2.1.3/Solaris 5.6, with Apache and Roxen backends.

I'm using UserDB authentication, as I can't figure GUF out. Hopefully
LoginManager will fix things.

Tone
ps I doubt people will think you're starting a flame war, Zopistas
are pretty cross-platform :)
------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
http://nle.ncl.ac.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2