[Zope] SybaseDAv2 problems ...

Bill Anderson banderson@boi.hp.com
Mon, 08 May 2000 16:06:06 -0600

OK, after much wrangling with Sybase, and repeated attmepts to get
appropriate libraries ... we now have the 12.0 Libraries for HP-UX. Has
anyone tried compiling against this version (at least the 12.0 stuff?).
I get it to compile fine, imports into python fine, but I get the
follwing traceback on the broken product link:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/home/Web_Center/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line 387, in
import_products
    product=__import__(pname, global_dict, global_dict, silly)
  File "/home/Web_Center/lib/python/Products/SybaseDAv2/__init__.py",
line 90, in ?
    import DA
  File "/home/Web_Center/lib/python/Products/SybaseDAv2/DA.py", line 91,
in ?
    from db import DB
  File "/home/Web_Center/lib/python/Products/SybaseDAv2/db.py", line 96,
in ?
    _context=sy_occ.cs_ctx_alloc()
sy_occ.error: Could not connect to Sybase

I would think that it wouldn't try to connect to the database until the
connection is opened...

Failing that, anyone compile against usalke libraries for HPUX?
Sybase either sends us the libraries we hav (11.1.1) or this 12.0 stuff.
Can't seem to tget it through to them that we need the libraries for
1..9.9 or 11.5...

Boss is getting annoyed that we haven't deployed the site to the HP-UX
server yet ... and much is on hold in the meantime...Any help much
appreciated.

--
Bill Anderson 			Linux/Unix Administrator, Security Analyst
ESBU (ARC)			bill_anderson@boi.hp.com