[Zope] redirection in standard_error_message

John Chandler johnc@nipltd.com
Wed, 10 May 2000 10:04:24 +0100 (GMT)

> >     It seems calling the redirect method of RESPONSE object does
> > not work in standard_error_message? I have the following line
> > embedded in standard_error_message:
> >
> >     <dtml-call "RESPONSE.redirect('http://www.yahoo.com')">
> >
> >     Zope seems just skip this line. Is it a problem? Thanks
> > for advising.
>
> We've had exactly the same problems and I don't think we ever found any
> solution...

Nope, we didn't. :-/ I haven't tried since the recent fixes were applied
regarding acquisition so the situation might've changed. I've entered it
on the Palm's To Do list, along with some other error message related
things. I'll try it after I've cleared today's workload and report back
to this list.

For reference, what we were trying to do is get the standard_error_message
to trap a 404 Not Found, consult a database table containing old->new URL
maps and redirect the page to the new URL if it exists.

> I'm going to chuck this into the collector...

Cheers Chris.

John

--
 John Chandler  /  Software Developer  /  New Information Paradigms Ltd
   [ Linux in the office, AmigaOS in the home, PalmOS in the pocket ]