[Zope] Dreamweaver UltraDev

Jochen Haeberle listen@MIDRAS.de
Thu, 11 May 2000 15:26:22 +0200

At 22:47 Uhr -0400 10-5-00, Jason Cunliffe wrote:
>Can anyone here give a heads up on Dreaweaver UltraDev and how well it might
>be used with/for Zope and vice versa?
>
>http://www.macromedia.com/software/ultradev/
>
>for example it says at
>http://www.macromedia.com/software/ultradev/productinfo/features/
>"""
>Support for industry-standard application servers
>Build sites for robust industry servers such as Microsoft IIS, Allaire
>ColdFusion, IBM WebSphere, BEA WebLogic, and Netscape Enterprise Server.
>Easily extend UltraDev to support other servers such as PHP and Tango.
>"""
>

>- Jason

I think this sounds very interesting. I love Dreamweaver and
Fireworks, but have not yet found a way to have them work with Zope.

 From the news and the Macromedia site I find it dificult to judge if
it will be able to extend Dreamweaver UltraDev to work with Zope. I
guess the solution will still use ftp as access method wich is not
the correct way to work with Zope.

I guess it needs WebDav and if even if that were there, there would
probably be problems in working with Zope.

Jochen