[Zope] beginners question: zope & sybase

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Thu, 11 May 2000 23:30:15 -0600

Charlie Derr wrote:

> Bill Anderson wrote:
> ~
> ~ Andrea Hoffmann wrote:
> ~ >
> ~ > Dear List,
> ~ >
> ~ > I installed zope and apache today on a linux box and got
> ~ > it working together. Now I would like to integrate Sybase
> ~ > as an external database. I installed Sybase and then
> ~ > installed the Sybase DA from here:
> ~ >
> ~ > http://www.zope.org/Products/DA/SybaseDA/
> ~ >
> ~ > Can someone point me at some documentation that will help
> ~ > me get started using Sybase on zope?  Specifically, can
> ~ > anybody tell me how to set up a non-gadfly db connection?
> ~
> ~
> ~ The same way; add a SybaseDA connection in the same manner as a Gadfly
> ~ one.
> ~
>
> As another novice probably at about the same level as Andrea, I think that
> the question was probably "How do you get to the point where the SybaseDA
> connection appears when you try to add a database connection?"

Not to sound/be rude, but how about the install docs? That walks you
through getting it installed. In teh case of SybaseDAvb2, it does
require compiling the adapter, but not neccesarily python. I
(mis?)understood 'installed the SybaseDA' as, it is showing up in the
control panel, and isn't broken.