[Zope] User as Base Class?

Stuart 'Zen' Bishop zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
Fri, 12 May 2000 22:33:54 +1000 (EST)

On Fri, 5 May 2000, Ingo Assenmacher wrote:

> > I guess I'm wondering why User is available as a base class if you can't use it
> > to provide a modified user...
> >
> > Any ideas anyone?

In theory, it is possible to modify GUF to allow pluggable users
(and you thought a pluggable brain was cool). That part has never
been written, however, as I had more urgent things to do :-)

> I think that is for the purpose of a "roll-your-own" user folder, since
> User-class offers some vital methods for authentication
> I think that standard acl-user-folders are, for the sake of simplicity
> limited to add standard user-objects.

Sorry about it having the same name as the default User object -
I didn't pick up that the ZClass creation would of course have
a flat namespace and its probably too late to change it now :-(

--
 ___
   //     Zen (alias Stuart Bishop)     Work: zen@cs.rmit.edu.au