[Zope] User as Base Class?

Ty Sarna tsarna@endicor.com
12 May 2000 15:35:31 GMT

In article <Pine.SOL.4.10.10005121453540.13910-100000@marlowe.informatik.rwth-aachen.de>,
Ingo Assenmacher  <ass@Pool.Informatik.RWTH-Aachen.DE> wrote:
> You can subclass it and enrich it with other information, but you will
[...]
> instances of it (since the original user-folder only creates standard
> users).
> I did this and it worked fine.
> Anyway, I changed to guf because I needed fancy login screens and stuff
> like that ;)

LoginManager gives you GUF-like capabilities, and also supports using
your own classes for users. Create a ZClass that derives from LoginUser
and choose it on the Storage tab of the UserSource.

You can do some really interesting things with this.  As a simple
example, give your ZClass an index_html method that displays the user's
profile, and you can go to http://www.yoursite.com/zope/acl_users/jsmith
and see the profile for that user.