[Zope] Soft References in DTML

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Fri, 12 May 2000 15:07:50 -0400

John Morton <jwm@plain.co.nz> wrote:

> On Wed, 10 May 2000 22:05:58 +1000 you wrote:
>
>  > <dtml-with "_.getitem(stringvaluetodereference)"><dtml-var
>  > absolute_url></dtml-with>
>
> This one's a winner. Thanks to everyone who replied; I've
> summerized it to this how-to:
>
> http://www.zope.org/Members/jwm/soft_references

Cool!

> While I'm at it, I might as well plug a patch to a propertysheets
> bug I found, too:
>
> http://www.zope.org/Members/jwm/propertysheetPatch

I might note here that 'manage_changeProperties' already has the
semantics you are looking for;  also, the bug you refer to (about
having to supply unwanted default values for int/float/date properties)
is actually an issue with the ZPublisher marshalling code (the bit
that converts "foo:int" into an int), rather than with propertysheets
per se.

Tres.
Tres Seaver          tseaver@digicool.com           http://www.zope.org
Digital Creations    "Makers of Zope"