[Zope] fmt in DTML vars- or, grouping Documents

Andrew Diller dillera@isc.upenn.edu
Fri, 12 May 2000 17:42:16 -0400

--On Friday, May 12, 2000 10:32 PM +0100 Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com>
hammered on the keyboard:

> Andrew Diller wrote:
>> I know it must be something with the fmt= , but I can't find it.
>
> No fmt is for things like dates, read the DTML Guide or the Zope Quick
> Reference at http://zdp.zope.org

I'll read that- but I know that fmt="structured-text" will render out a
structured text document!!!

>> Here is what I have:
>> -------------------------
>> <h2>Section 1: Applications</h2>
>> <dtml-var "apps.draft_1_dave" fmt="html">
>>
>> <hr>
>>
>> <h2>Section 2: Network Access Devices</h2>
>> <dtml-var "nad.draft_1_acd" fmt=html>
>>
>> ------------
>
> Try this, it might give what you want:
>
> <dtml-var "apps.draft_1_dave()">

Ok, this errors-- it dosen't like the <dtml-var html_header> that is in all
my documents....

but!

> Or to be more extreme and correct:
> <dtml-with apps>
>  <dtml-var draft_1_dave>
> </dtml-with>

this works (it just doubles up the headers)!!!1

That construction just dosen't make much sense to me...

-andy

 Andrew Diller
Info Systems and Computing, University of Pennsylvania
 NESS - USG      x. 3-7360