[Zope] Product integration - please help!

Phil Harris phil.harris@zope.co.uk
Sat, 13 May 2000 15:08:05 +0100

Lena,

Before I answer your questions, can I ask you a favour?

Please don't send HTML formatted mail to the list.  Some people on the list
use mailers that don't take too well to it.

Thanks in advance.

Now on to your questions.

The boring product is an example that you can use to build upon.  That said
it should be a fully operational (but boring ;)) product.

You need to put the files you talk about into a directory under your zope
directory:

<zopedir>/lib/python/Products/Boring.

Create this and then put the files in there

Then you'll have to restart Zope to get it to recognize them.

Onto zexp's.

There are notionally two types of zexp files:
1. Exported ZClass Products
2. Exported normal parts of a Zope site.

If the zexp's are type 1 then they can only be imported into the
/Control_Panel/Products folder.

type 2 can be imported almost anywhere.

The message you are getting is indicative of a type 1 being imported outside
of the Control_Panel.

HTH

Phil
phil.harris@zope.co.uk