[Zope] How to concatenate two strings

alan runyan alan runyan" <runyaga@thisbox.com
Sat, 13 May 2000 14:32:41 -0500

> hi all,
yodel

> 1. How to concatenate two strings ?
> e.g <dtml-var name1 = "Hello"> and <dtml-var name2 =
> "world">

<dtml-var "name1+name2">

> 2. How to manipulate dtml-var (mathematical operations
> like +,*,- etc on a dtml-var.

<dtml-var "3*4">
I believe the <dtml-var " "> is processed (beacuse its in """s) as an python
expression, thus name1+name2 is concatenating two variables.

> 3.Also what to know, what do you mean by zope running
> behind Apache ?
not following thread, but basically apache hands off requests via pcgi or
fastcgi to ZServer/Zope.

> 4.Can Zope and IIS be integrated. One of my friends
> said inorder to run zope, they have to stop the IIS.
> Why is this ?

ZOPE's interface to *any* webserver is CGI.  I'm not quite sure what 'stop
the IIS' means - do you mean you cant RUN IIS AND ZOPE simultaneously?  to
set it up, yes you probably have to stop IIS, and you may even have to
reboot NT :p

anyone thought of an ISAPI filter for handling ZOPE requests?  would this
provide any extra functionality/speed?

HTH,
~runyaga