[Zope] Printing, let's try this again... Business applications printing

Felipe E. Barousse fbarousse@piensa.com
Sun, 14 May 2000 03:33:38 -0500

--------------8457726375284EDB1B64E801

I am using Zope with a billing and invoicing system (both written
within Zope). The user fills in a complex dynamic form on the screen
and when fnished hits a button that send the data to an external
method which in turn send the formatted page to the Linux print spool
system which in turn forwards this to the appropiate remote printer
which, most of the time are attached to Winndows 9X (yucks!!) PC's

I am about to lauch a project to create a fully flexible report writer
for Zope applications, kind of a product.  Thinking on the design now
though...

Comments ?

Felipe Barousse

--- In zope@egroups.com, "Daniel G. Rusch" <drusch@g...> wrote:
> I have a site that users use to build quotes. Once they get them the
way
> they like them they are going to need to print them. The browser
print
> button is not a good solution for many reasons, we need a header and
> footer on pages, pagination etc.
>
> So the the question once again is: Is anyone printing from Zope.
i.e.
> sending html to a html to pdf converter, or some other solution?
Note:
> The ZPdfDocument doesnt convert the complete html page.
>
> Dan

--------------8457726375284EDB1B64E801

begin:vcard
n:Barousse Boué;Felipe E.
tel;fax:+(52) 5247-0272
tel;work:+(52) 5247-0272
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.piensa.com/
org:Bufete Consultor de México (BCM);PIENSA.COM (Piensa Systems)
version:2.1
email;internet:fbarousse@piensa.com
title:CEO and Director General
adr;quoted-printable:;;Mailing address:=0D=0AAP CAP 336, Polanco=0D=0ACol. Anzures;Mexico City;D.F.;11550;Mexico
note;quoted-printable:Supercomputer clusters systems group=0D=0ATel./ Fax. +(52) 5247-0272
x-mozilla-cpt:;21824
fn:Felipe E. Barousse Boué
end:vcard

--------------8457726375284EDB1B64E801--