[Zope] References and Consulting

Christian Scholz cs@comlounge.net
Mon, 15 May 2000 23:36:18 +0200

Hi!

> > We're thinking of using Zope for a rather big project and because
> > of that I wanted to ask if there are some references where Zope is
> > used in a bigger environment.
>
> The best examples are really the ones on Zope.org in the case studies. Not a
> lot of numbers but a few.

Well, I thought that there might be some more ;-)

> > Also I would be interested in which companies in Germany are doing
> > consulting for Zope and the like.
>
> Check the references area of Zope.org

Also here I find only one for Germany. I hoped to get some more..  ;-)

> > We need this to have some arguments against other technologies.
> > Are there maybe any benchmarks between Zope and Websphere or similar
> > servers?
>
> Here is one against Apache's Jakarta Tomcat.
>
> http://www.zope.org/Members/BwanaZulia/zope_benchmarks/benchmarks.html

This one I know but this will not be the choosen product. More they're thinking
about Websphere and similar applications (thus commercial ones)

> It should give you some idea but a big warning in benchmarking: The more the
> server does the slower it will be. Zope is doing a ton of stuff besides just
> serving up content so make sure that what you compare it to can/is doing the
> same stuff.

I know..

Anyway, thanks for the hints :)

-- christian