[Zope] newbie needs help with install, please!!!!

R. David Murray R. David Murray" <bitz@bitdance.com
Mon, 15 May 2000 21:14:35 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 14 May 2000, George Donnelly wrote:
> thanks! is this the only way? i am using a virtual server so i do not have
> access to this kind of stuff (i think)

If you want to go through apache it is.  (Which I think is why you didn't
need to run 'start', by the way; when pcgi was called I think it starts
zserver.)

Once zserver is running, if you haven't changed the Z2.py parameters
you should be able to contact Zope directly by using port 8080.
That would get you access to the management interface without
having to modify the apache config.

I hope your provider doesn't mind long running processes <grin>.

--RDM