[Zope] subfolder wrong absolute_url

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 16 May 2000 09:21:23 +0100

Ulrich Wisser wrote:
> <A HREF="/subfolder">Subfolder title</A>
>
> Correct would be
>
> <A HREF="/subfolder/">Subfolder title</A>
>
> (Note the second "/").

I agree with this but I'm not sure on what the protocols say.
All I know is that I've had trouble with cookies on occasion with Zope
and IE when the second / is omitted. Not problems with Netscape
though...

Are URLs which end wit ha folder supposed to end in a /
ie: http://my.site/folder/

What is the correct course of action for a Web server when it encounters
as URL that points to a folder but doesn't end in a /?
ie: request for http://my.site/folder

Someone a while back suggested a redirect to http://my.site/folder/
Is this correct? What is Zope supposed to do and what does it acutally
do? ;-)

cheers,

Chris