[Zope] Anyone used Pyro (Python Remote Objects)?

Cary O'Brien cobrien@Radix.Net
Tue, 16 May 2000 11:02:27 -0400 (EDT)

I'm looking at a way to set up a distributed system, distributed
for performance and fault-tolerance.  I'm pretty sure about using
Zope and Python, and I've been looking at Pyro

	http://www.xs4all.nl/~irmen/pyro.html

To handle the remote service accesses.  So...

1) Has anyone used this with Zope?  It seems as if a
   client-side management interface would be possible,
   allowing pointey-clickey access to remote services.
   This is a bit beyond my Zope understanding at the
   moment.

2) Pyro uses TCP connections to exchange data.  Will Zope
   allow multiple concurrent RPC calls (i.e. one per thread)?

3) Any other options I should look at[1]?  I'm mostly interested
   in wrapping some business logic around the database and putting
   it on a different machine for performance and security
   reasons.

-- cary

[1] I know, I know.  I'll go back and read the ZEO stuff today!