[Zope] Zope 2.2.0a1: Objects cannot be owned by the superuser

Wolfgang Strobl ws@gmd.de
Tue, 16 May 2000 18:51:23 +0200

I was going to try one of my apps on Zope 2.2.0a1 (win32), finding
myself in a kind of catch22 situation: I can't get in at all!

After installing Zope 2.2.0a1 into a fresh directory, I login under the
"superuser" account in order to get to the management screen, but
can't create any folder or object. I can add users to the acl_users
folder. But how, pray tell, am I expected to trigger an login as a non-
superuser user? Usually, I create a folder (or another object) which
is restricted to some use; accessing that object triggers the
authorization request, i.e. the user/pwd dialog in the browser.

In short:
 am required to login as a non-superuser in order to create an
object, but
I am required to create an object in order to login as a non-
superuser. Catch22

PS: tried this with WIN2K IE5

--
      o      (     Wolfgang.Strobl@gmd.de (+49 2241) 14-2394
     /\        *   GMD mbH                       #include