[Zope] RE: RE: [Zope] Q: howto change HTTP_REFERER

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Wed, 17 May 2000 10:10:42 -0400

> Ok, I see the point. But how can I return to the second last
> page with a
> RESPONSE.redirect?
> If I use <dtml-call "RESPONSE.redirect(HTTP_REFERER)"> a call will be
> redirected to my calling form. E.g. I want to have management
> screens for
> the users with that they can add instances of things. I have
> put the forms
> that will be used to get necessary information in a
> subfolder, say /Forms
> and ZSQL Methods in another subfolder /SQL. So this will result in the
> following calling sequence:
> .../frmAManagementScreen -> /Forms/frmAddNewUser -> /SQL/sqlAddUser
> After adding a user by /SQL/sqlAddUser I want to return to
> .../frmAManagementScreen and NOT to /Forms/frmAddNewUser. But
> a <dtml-call
> "RESPONSE.redirect(HTTP_REFERER)"> in /SQL/sqlAddUser (which
> is the last in
> the calling sequence) will return to /Forms/frmAddUser.

Ok - probably the best way to do this is to have frmAddUser
include a hidden field in the form, a la:

  <input type="hidden" name="go_back_to" value="<dtml-var
HTTP_REFERER>">

When the form is submitted, the form handler can then do the
redirect to whatever the value of "go_back_to" is.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909