[Zope] Unstable Zope when started at boot time Linux.....centinel solutions notvery acceptablevery acceptable

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Thu, 18 May 2000 09:32:08 +0200

Hi Felipe,

if Zope is started as root, it switches to uid "nobody". Thus preventing
access to its directory or at least Zope cannot write over its
pid file and such. You may get appropriate messages in your logfile or
output
(if not sent to /dev/null of course)
So all you have to do is to start Zope with the appropriate user-id.
see "man su" for this.

Regards
Tino Wildenhain