[Zope] Newbie: MS Access ODBC connection strings

Andy Gates Andy.Gates@bristol.ac.uk
Thu, 18 May 2000 19:46:38 +0100

> i had a similar problem recently. my access DB was not showing up in the
> data sources list until i deleted the ODBC connection from windows control
> panel and recreated it - i guess i messed up the first time. make sure your
> DB shows up in the "User Data Sources" list in the ODBC Data Source
> Administrator in Windows and in the ODBC Data Source list in the "Add Z ODBC
> Database Connection" screen in ZOpe. my connection string is simply the
> database name. now that i have a working connection all of my tests fail.
> does anyone know why?

Mine fails when using a database on a different machine to the Zope
installation - where the DSN is defined using either a mapped network
drive or a UNC (\\server\share\database.mdb) drive.  Moving the
database onto the Zoper server or installing Zope on the database
server worked for me.

    AndyG