[Zope] RE: Re[2]: [Zope] Zclass inheritence

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Mon, 22 May 2000 00:52:30 -0400

> Er..  A ZClass based product doesn't have a convenient
> __init__.py that I
> can tweak, nor is there anything in the zclass management
> interface that I
> can use, either. What have I missed here?

I just tried this... You don't have to do anything magical with ZClasses
to have them show up in the base class list during the ZClass "add"
screen.  I suspect that your problem is due to a bug that (I think) has
been fixed in CVS.  There is a bug in <= 2.1.6 ZClass add UI that
prevents all the available base classes from being listed until you hit
the "right arrow" to move one of the base classes into the base class
list.  Once you move one base class into the list, the addable base
class list will be updated with all available base classes, including
(hopefully) your other ZClasses.  This is a silly bug.