[Zope] Re[4]: [Zope] Zclass inheritence

John Morton 'jwm@plain.co.nz'" <jwm@plain.co.nz>, "'zope'" <zope@zope.org>, Chris McDonough <chrism@digicool.com
Mon, 22 May 2000 16:49:57 +1200 (NZST)

On Mon, 22 May 2000 00:52:30 -0400 you wrote:

 > > Er..  A ZClass based product doesn't have a convenient
 > > __init__.py that I
 > > can tweak, nor is there anything in the zclass management
 > > interface that I
 > > can use, either. What have I missed here?
 >
 > I just tried this... You don't have to do anything magical with ZClasses
 > to have them show up in the base class list during the ZClass "add"
 > screen.  I suspect that your problem is due to a bug that (I think) has
 > been fixed in CVS.  There is a bug in <= 2.1.6 ZClass add UI that
 > prevents all the available base classes from being listed until you hit
 > the "right arrow" to move one of the base classes into the base class
 > list.  Once you move one base class into the list, the addable base
 > class list will be updated with all available base classes, including
 > (hopefully) your other ZClasses.  This is a silly bug.

This fails to help using both 2.1.4 (Debian/i386) and 2.1.6 (RPM/i386), so
I'm guessing there's been a few other fixes in CVS to cover this. Anyone
else have any success?

(What I was trying to do was use STX_Document as a base class for some
more site specific content objects, so I could hack on extra to
STX_Document separately.)

John.