[Zope] How to get rid of the L-Suffix of numeric columns in Sybase/Zope

Andrea Hoffmann ah@anima.de
Mon, 22 May 2000 15:14:39 +0900

Hi,

> So I got the SybaseDA working, but now I notice that my REC_ID's
> (these are autoincrementing numeric columns in my tables) seem to
> always show as their number and an L.  So like REC_ID 10 would be
> 10L to the zope DA.  In ISQL they come out fine.  What's the
> deal?

we had the same problem and finally fixed it by changing the format
of the sybase identity column. we set the identity column in Sybase
as follows:

create table IDTEST
(
IdNumber numeric(9,0) identity
)

With that setting the numeric is not a "Python long" anymore and
the L will not be appended to the stored values within Zope/Python.

Hope this helps,
Andrea Hoffmann