[Zope] Deleting folder-like objects.

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 22 May 2000 09:14:23 +0100

John Morton wrote:
> 1) You can delete them with the same practiced easy as any other object,
> along with everything in it. No 'Are you sure you want to shoot yourself
> in the foot' dialogs, or anything. (How hard to implement with
> manage_beforeDelete?)

Remember that Zope has an 'Undo' button... ;-)
(and in fact, a whole history tab in the CVS version, I think...)

> 2) Deleting a folder effectively removes everything under it (well, you
> can't navigate to them, AFAIK), but it doesn't invoke the
> manage_beforeDelete methods of it's decendants. Any reason for this, or
> should I proceed straight to the bug collector?

I'm pretty sure they are deleted, but not calling manage_beforeDelete
seems stupid to me. I presume this is the reason that CatalogAware
objects that get deleted like this don't remove themselves from the
catalog (leaving a nasty mess behind them...)

Cheers,

Chris